MSO11619 - Post-medieval stone southeast of Knowle (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
"Stone" printed on 1962 Ordnance Survey map.  No further information.  Not located by Fowler.  No longer survives in an area of pasture; it was perhaps a rubbing stone.  The stone is also noted on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps, but not on modern MasterMap data. [5-7]
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. SS94SE.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, [?1.19] 1985.
- <3> SSO1175 Article in serial: Fowler, MJ. 1988. The Standing Stones of Exmoor. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 132. 1-13 (Timberscombe 1).
- <4> SSO1877 Monograph: RCHME . 1992. Lithic Monuments within the Exmoor National Park. SS94SE87, 66.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <6> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <7> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||SS 9641 4269 (point) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8312
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8326
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE63
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE88
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119500
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 864019
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34119
Record last edited
Feb 7 2017 10:45AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.