MSO11609 - Two probable tree rings on Bird's Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two circular enclosures on Bird's Hill, presumably landscape features belonging to the park at Combe Sydenham. [1,5,6] Both enclosures are in open parkland with trees on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps[2,3] and the Tithe Map  The western exclosure is shown in woodland and the eastern one in fields on the 1962 Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 0636.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. Sheet 48(13). 1904.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. ST03NE.
- <5> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. LHL CPE.UK.1980. 3322. -/04/1947.
- <6> SSO200 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1981. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. 4896.
- <7> SEM7939 Map: Standidge & Co, London. 1842. Stogumber Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0654 3645 (553m by 76m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||STOGUMBER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34033
Record last edited
Oct 26 2015 11:31AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.