MSO11597 - Medieval or post-medieval enclosure on Bossington Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Small square enclosure or building remains within field system (MSO8075) on Bossington Hill. [1,2] Seems to be too far away from tank range (MMO627) to be connected with it.  This enclosure is part of the field system. 
- <1>XY SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9045. [Mapped feature: #34082 ]
- <2> SSO254 Aerial photograph: 1971. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 91, September. 8679.
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 4 May 1984.
- <4> SSO1872 Survey: RCHME. 1998. Exmoor survey. NMR site SS 94 NW 52.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9089 4864 (20m by 19m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34003
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.