MSO11559 - Tannery, Porlock (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Site of a tannery. Leat to wheel pit filled in. Water now brought by pipe. Was an iron wheel 14ft by 4ft. [1, 2] Nothing marked on OS 25" map. [3, 4] It is not clear if this record is a duplicate of MSO10428 or if it refers to another tannery. 
- <1> SSO1985 Unassigned: Warren, D Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society. 06.12.77.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Warren, D SIAS, 6 December 1977.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 34(5).
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments.
|Grid reference||SS 8846 4669 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127374 (Original Monarch entry: 1127374)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7972
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NE33
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1127374
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33956
Record last edited
Dec 10 2018 1:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.