MSO11515 - Leigh mill, Broadfield Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
Now in ruins. Wheel pit silted up. Remains of drain and oak axle. Cross tree gudgern. Fragments of oak gearing and hustings. Two pairs of coarse grit stones.  Marked "Leigh mill, disused" on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  Ruined building shown but not named on OS 1:10,000 map.  Also shown and named on OS 6" map.  The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows the building as a corn mill. The mill stream is also shown. 
- <1> SSO1993 Unassigned: Warren, D. 24.11.77. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society.
- <2> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 47(15).
- <3> SSO1453 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1976. 1:10,000 ST03NW.
- <4> SSO1563 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 6" sheet 47SE.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0241 3554 (214m by 137m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975131 (Original Monarch entry: 975131)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7845
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW28
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975131
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33906
Record last edited
Feb 27 2013 12:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.