MSO11514 - Limekiln and limestone quarry, Lower Roadwater (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
"Old limekiln" printed on OS 25" map.  Nothing shown on OS 1:10,000 map.  Not shown on OS 6" map.  The limekiln and quarry are also shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. Holley records a limekiln to the south of Roadwater Farm, Lower Roadwater, at ST 0350 3884. The kiln was associated with a limestone quarry and is now used as a shed. 
- <1> SSO1535 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 25" sheet. 47(8).
- <2> SSO1453 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1976. 1:10,000 ST03NW.
- <3> SSO1562 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 6" sheet 47NE.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7080 Report: Holley, S.. 1997. An Investigation of Limekilns on Exmoor for the Purposes of Conservation.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0346 3884 (92m by 36m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975128 (Original Monarch entry: 975128)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7844
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NW27
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975128
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33902
Record last edited
Mar 20 2014 3:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.