MSO11452 - Trackway or Parish boundary north of Rook Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Broad linear depression following the parish boundary north from Rook Wood which is probably a trackway. [1,2] The feature appears to follow the line of the historic Monksilver and Stogumber Parish boundary. [3,4]
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 0636.
- <2> SSO200 Aerial photograph: Meridian Air Maps. 1981. Infrared False Colour Aerial Photography. 4898.
- <3> SEM7939 Map: Standidge & Co, London. 1842. Stogumber Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SSO301 Map: 1841. Monksilver Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0713 3683 (130m by 369m)|
|Civil Parish||MONKSILVER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975224 (Original Monarch entry: 975224)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7692
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE36
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975224
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33826
Record last edited
Oct 26 2015 11:37AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.