MSO11426 - Disputed mound on Exford Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A large round mound was seen on aerial photographs dating from 1971.  The mound was not visible on the ground or on any other aerial photographs. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8541.
- <2> SSO270 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-178 Run 85. 9333.
- <3> SMO7320 Unpublished document: Quinnell, N.V.. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey visit, 30 March 1987.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RCHME, 8541 3 1065.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. Ordnance Survey 73 109 950.
|Grid reference||SS 8519 4144 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36120 (Pastscape entry: 36120)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7364
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE57
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36120
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33800
Record last edited
Jul 25 2018 4:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.