MSO11417 - Undated mound on Darlick Moor (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A llarge round mound cut by hedge was noted on aerial photographs. [1,2] No sign of this could be found. However a number of linear and circular quarry scoops with attendant spoil mounds are visible close to the hedge bank around SS 7747 3438.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4370.
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7734. [Mapped feature: #34399 ]
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 15 January 1995.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 908996, Extant 28 September 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7755 3430 (54m by 54m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6991
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE10
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 908996
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33790
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 11:34AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.