MSO11415 - Undated mound near Larkbarrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A large round mound was noted as a cropmark on aerial photographs dating to 1947 on Madacombe. [1-2] Well defined but slight mound at SS 82643 43078 with a circular morphology and a nonstony fabric. It measures 8 metres by 8 metres by 0.3 metres and is possibly a feature associated with peat extraction. [3-4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8243.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3065.
- <3> SEM8124 Report: Morris, B.. 2014. Larkbarrow Farm, Exmoor: Results of a walkover survey. p. 19; ELB14(5).
- <4>XY SEM8281 Digital archive: Bray, L.S.. 2014-2015. Larkbarrow, Exmoor: Archaeological walkover survey. p. 1; ELB14(5). [Mapped feature: #45000 A low mound, possible related to peat cutting., ]
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974919, Extant 12 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 82646 43082 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974919 (Pastscape entry: 974919)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7039
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(5)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW78
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974919
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33788
Record last edited
Jul 12 2021 10:05PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.