MSO11403 - Enclosure at Monkslade Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Low broad bank forming circular enclosure on Monkslade Common was seen on an air photograph.  On the ground the enclosure could not be found, but at the same location is a linear earth and stone bank 2.2 m wide and 0.3 m high, running for some 25 m from west to east. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9939.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3288.
- <3> SMO5111 Unpublished document: Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England. Field Investigators Comment. R Wilson-North 4 June 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9979 3916 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127623 (Original Monarch entry: 1127623)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7465
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE30
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1127623
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33759
Record last edited
Feb 1 2013 3:47PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.