MSO11403 - Undated enclosure or field boundary at Monkslade Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Low broad bank forming circular enclosure on Monkslade Common was seen on an air photograph. [1,2] On the ground the enclosure could not be found, but at the same location is a linear earth and stone bank 2.2 metres wide and 0.3 metres high, running for some 25 metres from west to east.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS9939.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3288.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 June 1998.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1127623, Extant 19 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9979 3916 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127623 (Original Monarch entry: 1127623)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7465
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE30
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1127623
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33759
Record last edited
Apr 19 2022 3:44PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.