MSO11360 - Post-medieval deserted farm northwest of Beer Barn (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Pottery (post medieval), glass, clay pipes and iron slag were found by A Partridge. The field is ploughed and an area of darker soil with pottery shows up. There was a well to the west. A Bronze Age axe was also found in this field.  Possible deserted farm site.  No structures are shown in this location on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map or the Luccombe Tithe Map, other than a field boundary that runs northeast to southwest. [3,4]
- <1>XY SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. M Aston, Somerset County Council, 31 December 1976. [Mapped feature: #34416 ]
- <2>XY SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 8 August 1988. [Mapped feature: #34416 ]
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SSO292 Map: Collard Cox, W.. 1841. Luccombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9134 4545 (113m by 105m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33716
Record last edited
Dec 1 2020 3:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.