MSO11358 - Possible enclosure on Wilmersham Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A rectangular enclosure with indications of further subdivisions was noted on aerial photographs dating to 1977. A possible building in its northwest corner was also recorded. [1,2] Not located during fieldwork.  There is nothing on the ground in the vicinity of the grid reference to sustain the aerial photograph mark. The relevant photograph was not available during field work, but the enclosure cannot be seen on aerial photographs of the R.A.F. or Ordnance Survey. 
- <1> SSO202 Aerial photograph: May 1977. ENP MAM IRFC. 13,102.
- <2> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. SS8642F.
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. I Burrow, Somerset County Council, 3 May 1979.
- <4> SMO7308 Unpublished document: Fletcher, M.J.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 30 March 1987.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8608 4217 (61m by 88m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36117 (Pastscape entry: 36117)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7363
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE56
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36117
- Site of Special Scientific Interest
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33714
Record last edited
Mar 4 2020 3:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.