MSO11292 - Undated rectangular enclosure northeast of Castle Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Rectangular enclosure seen on aerial photographs as a cropmark and plotted on Somerset SMR map. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project.  Northeast of Castle Farm is a grass mark showing one, possibly three, sides of a regular rectangular enclosure, with two possible rectangular buildings in the northeastern corner. [4,5]
- <1>XY SSO424 Map: SMR 6" map SS84SW. [Mapped feature: #34277 ]
- <2> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. 33634.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974905, Extant 12 July 2021.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1980 4161 (April 1947).
- <5> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8240C.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8281 4047 (191m by 122m)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6787
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW73
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974905
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33634
Record last edited
Jul 12 2021 3:53PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.