MSO11252 - Undated cropmark southwest of Pennycombe Valley (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
"Cropmark" written on Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division 6 inch map.  No further information.  The feature is included on McDonnell's aerial transcriptions dating from the 1980s. It appears to be the feature he describes as "Dark mound (?) with surrounding lighter area (bonfire?)". This requires confirmation. [3,4]
- <1> SSO1611 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS83NW.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. M Aston, 30 November 1976.
- <3> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8237h.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. CPE/UK/1980 3319 (April 1947).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8296 3722 (27m by 34m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35761 (Pastscape entry: 35761)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6715
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NW13
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35761
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33593
Record last edited
Apr 10 2017 3:08PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.