MSO11238 - Undated circular enclosure at eastern end of Gallox Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Small circular enclosure on steep east facing slope at eastern end of Gallox Hill showing as crop differentiation or earthwork.  SS 9875 4272. Possible earthwork enclosure seen on air photographs taken July 1979.  Nothing found on the ground. 
- <1>XY SSO221 Aerial photograph: 1979. Historic Environment Service, 79.2.13-15. Historic Environment Service, 79.2.13-15. [Mapped feature: #34035 ]
- <2> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. (I Burrow) Volume 124 (1980), p 124.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 7 April 1998.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9880 4274 (124m by 120m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36934 (Pastscape entry: 36934)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9428
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE33
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36934
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33576
Record last edited
Mar 3 2020 3:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.