MSO11236 - Gallox Well (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 9883 4306. "Gallox well" printed on Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division six inch map.  SS 9890 4305. There are no structural remains at the site, which comprises a spring issuing from a metal pipe.  The name Gallox Well is given on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  SS 9883 4306. The well is depicted and labelled on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO1634 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS94SE.
- <2> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1998.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889, Somerset 35(14).
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #34032 ]
|Grid reference||SS 9883 4306 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119473 (Pastscape entry: 1119473)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9467
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE54
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119473
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33573
Record last edited
Jun 25 2019 3:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.