MSO11132 - Undated mound on Kittuck (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A low round mound noted on aerial photographs dating to 1947 has been recorded on Kittuck. [1,2] N.B. This feature was originally recorded on Pastscape as Monument reference 974899, referring to Somerset HER reference PRN 33437 (MSO11132 on the Exmoor HER). However, at some point it was then attributed to a mound located during survey in 2001, c.300 metres to the southeast at SS 8165 4389. This has, however, always been recorded on the Somerset HER under reference PRN 15209 (MSO10144 on the Exmoor HER). [3-5]
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8144.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3067.
- <3> SEM7987 Archive: English Heritage. National Monuments Record / AMIE / Monarch entry - viewable via Pastscape. 974899.
- <4> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 33437, PRN 15209.
- <5> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 4 January 2017.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8143 4410 (27m by 24m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974899 (Pastscape entry: 974899)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7038
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW70
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 974899
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33437
Record last edited
Jan 4 2017 3:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.