MSO11061 - Trackway, Old Bury, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two banks forming a trackway and an old field boundary are visible as earthworks. The trackway connects Old Bury Farm with its water supply. [1-2] The footpath follows a curving field boundary on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The field boundary has been removed, and the path straightened on the modern mapping.  The trackway is described as post medieval, but may be earlier. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9028.
- <2> SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. -/09/1971, HSL.UK.71-177 Run 91 8700.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7580 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2011. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM7096 Article in monograph: Gathercole, C.. 2003. English Heritage Extensive Urban Survey: An Archaeological Assessment of Dulverton. The Somerset Urban Archaeological Survey. English Heritage. P.11, 12.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9056 2804 (185m by 41m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33276
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 12:34PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.