MSO11057 - Undated mound on the Exe Plain (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A small mound with surrounding bank was noted on aerial photographs. [1,2] The site was visited in 1994 and was again described as a small mound with surrounding bank. 
- <1> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3154.
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7642a. [Mapped feature: #46500 SS7642A]
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 July 1994.
|Grid reference||SS 7614 4221 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=867258 (Pastscape entry: 867258)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6950
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE52
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 867258
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33196
Record last edited
Oct 7 2020 2:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.