MSO11041 - 19th Century building platform at Elsworthy (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Large rectangular flat platform cut into the hill slope and built up on down slope side. Rear bank 2 metres high and platform edge 3 metres high. Platform measures 14 paces by 24 paces. Likely to be a building platform associated with the 19th Century mining activity in the area. 
- <1>XY SSO1348 Unassigned: McDonnell, R. 20/7/1983. R McDonnell, 20 July 1983. R McDonnell, 20 July 1983. [Mapped feature: #47340 ]
- <2> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 77 (site 243).
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974815, Extant 6 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 8106 4090 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7024
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW110
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974815
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33180
Record last edited
Oct 6 2021 3:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.