MSO11034 - Possible mining remains above Orchard Bottom (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Flat topped linear stony mound running up and down slope. 0.5 metres high and 13 paces by 5 paces. Slight ditch at top of western end. [1,2] May possibly be mining earthworks from mines along Orchard Bottom (see MSO11010). 
- <1>XY SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 33173, R McDonnell, 11 January 1983. [Mapped feature: #46145 ]
- <2> SSO1383 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management.... 76 (site 198).
- <3> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 17 December 1983.
|Grid reference||SS 8149 4075 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7035
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW67
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 974888
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33173
Record last edited
Jun 17 2019 4:30PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.