MSO11022 - Undated cairn on Beckham (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Small cairn of medium sized stone on edge of hill above stream. 0.15 metres high and 3 paces wide in stone free area. May be field clearance cairn.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. R McDonnell, 9 September 2002. [Mapped feature: #47348 ]
- <2> SSO856 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. and Murless, B.. 1982. Somerset Archaeology 1981. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 126. 69-91. 63.
- <3> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 62 (site 68).
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 36302, Extant 11 July 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 8087 4228 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6877
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW43
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 36302
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33161
Record last edited
Jul 11 2021 9:28PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.