MSO11012 - Undated platform or natural feature northeast of Ware Ball (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Shallow rectangular scoop on west side of Ramscombe. Possible building site but may also be a spring site. On its northern side, a shallow ditch runs downhill.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project.  The ditch referred to by  may represent one of the drainage features transcribed under MMO2411. 
- <1>XY SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. R McDonnell, 18 March 1983. [Mapped feature: #34285 ]
- <2> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 32 (site 204).
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 974769, Extant 6 July 2021.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 6 July 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8085 4075 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7015
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW101
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 974769
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33151
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 11:36AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.