MSO10984 - Enclosure, Little Tom's Hill, Exmoor (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Well defined enclosure with NW and NE sides straight and at right angles to each other. SW side forms a convex arc. SE side is only clear at the E end. Linear internal divisions.  Forms part of a complex of field banks (PRN 33919) in this area. 
- <1> SSO329 Unassigned: March 1977. NMR SF1459.328, 342 and 344.
- <2> SSO471 Unassigned: SMR file 33123.
- <3> SSO856 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. and Murless, B.. 1982. Somerset Archaeology 1981. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 126. 69-91. 64.
- <4> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8043.
- <5> SSO420 Photograph: Somerset County Council Planning Department. Slide. 3.014.0086. March 1984.
- <6> SSO416 Photograph: February 198. Slide (SCC Planning Department). 3.014.0095-0098.
- <7> SSO1383 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management.... 52 (site 42).
- <8> SSO140 Aerial photograph: 1990. DAP QP3-6 (1990) SCED.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 800 431 (76m by 76m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33123
Record last edited
Mar 10 2014 11:45AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.