MSO10969 - Undated enclosure northeast of Duredown Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Large circular area of lighter vegetation enclosing large and small concentric ring of darker marks. [1,2] Possibly a ploughed out enclosure.  No evidence for earthworks of any kind in a pasture field 400 metres northeast of Duredown Farm.  Appears to be visible on the 1946-8 aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4151.
- <2> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. SS7540.
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. E Dennison, Somerset County Council, 2 April 1984.
- <4> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 July 1994.
- <5> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 867249, Extant 16 June 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7599 4035 (130m by 110m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE47
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 867249
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33108
Record last edited
Jun 16 2021 4:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.