MSO10965 - Possible undated rectangular enclosure at Darlick Corner (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Small rectangular enclosure east of Darlick corner. [1,2] There is no evidence for the enclosure recorded on aerial photographs by  at SS 7911 3340. The National Grid Reference falls in the northeast corner of a flat rectangular field of improved pasture.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3371.
- <2>XY SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS7933. [Mapped feature: #47555 ]
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Various. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 12 January 1995.
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 909011, Extant 27 September 2021.
|Grid reference||SS 7911 3340 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6995
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 73 SE5
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 909011
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33104
Record last edited
Sep 27 2021 9:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.