MSO10948 - Post-medieval catchwork gutter northwest of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Contour leat seen from aerial photographs on northeast side of The Warren. [1-4] A leat visible as an earthwork on the north-east side of The Warren, Exmoor has previously been recorded as a separate monument, but is apparently part of the substantial water meadow system which extends from Prayway Meads to Warren Farm, and has now been recorded as such. See MMO2354. [5,6] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO460 Unassigned: SMR file 33087. [Mapped feature: #34462 ]
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 3158.
- <3> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <4> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 43 (site 236).
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 (12 March 1995).
- <6> SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
- <7> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1102024, Extant 1 June 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7880 4126 (501m by 275m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO621
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6893
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE67
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1102024
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33087
Record last edited
Jun 1 2021 1:29PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.