MSO10946 - Post-medieval catchwork gutter north of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Short section of contour leat northnortheast of Warren Farm. Western end against a 19th Century field bank and peters out at its eastern end in centre of field. Possibly created by digging a ditch against the upslope of a field bank which may be the remains of a field system. [1-3] A short leat is visible on aerial photographs as an earthwork north-north-east of Warren Farm, Exmoor. It measures approximately 85 metres in length, and appears to be part of the extensive water meadow system around Prayway Meads, The Warren and Warren Farm. See MMO2354. [4,5] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO458 Unassigned: SMR file 33085. [Mapped feature: #34471 ]
- <2> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <3> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 42 (site 234).
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 (12 March 1995).
- <5> SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
- <6> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1102018, Extant 1 June 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7955 4094 (157m by 2m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO619
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6891
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE65
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1102018
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33085
Record last edited
Jun 1 2021 1:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.