MSO10945 - Post-medieval catchwork gutter east of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
40 metres to 50 metres of very slight earthworks resembling a ploughed contour leat. [1,2] A ploughed contour leat is visible on aerial photographs as an earthwork east of Warren Farm, Exmoor. Beginning at approximately SS 7963 4078, the leat measures approximately 50 metres in length. Previously recorded as an individual monument, it is now believed to be part of the substantial water meadow system now recorded under MMO2354. [3,4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. SMR 33084. [Mapped feature: #34527 ]
- <2> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 42 (site 233).
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 (12 March 1995).
- <4> SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1102016, Extant 31 May 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7963 4078 (9m by 57m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO618
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6914
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE64
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1102016
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33084
Record last edited
May 31 2021 10:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.