MSO10944 - Post-medieval catchwork gutter southwest of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
150 metres of contour leat to the west of the farmhouse. Low ploughed feature which fades out completely at its western end and runs to the southeastern corner of the house. Post dates a pillow mound which it cuts on the lower downslope side. [1-4] A contour leat to the west of the Warren Farm house measuring 150m in length. It is visible as a low ploughed features which fades out completely at its west end and runs to the SE corner of the house. This leat is one of several recorded individually that is in fact part of the substantial water meadow system now recorded under MMO2354. [5,6] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1>XY SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records. PRN 33083. [Mapped feature: #34526 ]
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4156.
- <3> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <4> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 42, (site 232).
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/95026 134-136 (12 March 1995).
- <6> SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183.
- <7> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1102011, Extant 31 May 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7940 4075 (137m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO617
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6913
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE63
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1102011
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33083
Record last edited
May 31 2021 10:34PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.