MSO10924 - Coal Pits, north of Litton Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
'Coal Pits' and 'Black Pits Plain' are marked on Ordnance Survey mapping, together with several old quarries.  There are several cropmarks in this area, including circular banks and small squares. [2-4] Coal Pits" place name is recorded in an area of quarries and cropmarks. 
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. SS83SW.
- <2> SMO4069 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Oblique Aerial Photograph. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 81, 8594. -/09/1971.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography. LHL CPE.UK.1980 3369. -/04/1947.
- <4> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS8033F.
- <5> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 4 April 1995.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8079 3387 (1187m by 358m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1068314 (Pastscape entry: 1068314)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE14255
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 SW22
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape / NRHE HOB UID: 1068314
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33063
Record last edited
Apr 19 2021 10:53PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.