MSO10547 - North Hawkwell Farmhouse, Cutcombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Early C19, perhaps the refenestration of an earlier dwelling. Rendered over rubble, slate roof, overhanging eaves, brick stacks gable ends. Plan: 2 cell and cross passage with wings to rear. Two storeys, 3-bays; all 4-centred arch openings with wooden casements and divided tracery, 3-light with 2-light above central entrance, gabled slate roofed porch, C20 door, rear entrance on right return early C19 studded door, probably the original front door trimmed and reset.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265316. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  2-cell Cross passage plan. Stone, Render walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9273 3998 (17m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/10/34
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31018
Record last edited
Jul 13 2021 10:42AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.