MSO10447 - Bushclose Barn (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
'Bushclose Barn' is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps within an enclosure at ST 0019 3983. [1,2] The barn can be seen on aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8.  Not shown on recent map.  The barn is also shown on the Tithe Map for Carhampton. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SSO1489 Map: Ordnance Survey. c.1904. 1:2500 map, second edition.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <4> SSO1583 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2005. Landline Information.
- <5> SEM7803 Map: 1840. Carhampton Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0019 3983 (38m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 19424
Record last edited
Apr 30 2018 9:50PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.