MSO10424 - Temperance Hall, Roadwater (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The 'Temperance Hall' is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] Still shown on recent map.  A lodge of the 'Good Templars Temperance Association' was established at Roadwater by William Court and Thomas Rowe in 1869. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SSO1489 Map: Ordnance Survey. c.1904. 1:2500 map, second edition.
- <3>XY SSO1583 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2005. Landline Information. [Mapped feature: #34595 Location of Hall, ]
- <4> SEM8535 Leaflet: Glyn Court, A.W.. Unknown. The Bible Christians 1815-1907: A worldwide family. N/A. 11.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0314 3810 (16m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 19364
Record last edited
Feb 13 2018 12:41PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.