MSO10306 - Post-medieval tower in Tower Plantation (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
'The Tower' shown on Ordnance Survey map of c1904.  Apparent on 2005 map.  The feature is also depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The tower is not shown on the Tithe Map for Brompton Regis; however, a small land parcel is shown c.60 metres to the north within the same plantation. This is labelled 1387, and is described as "Garden and Tower", suggesting that it has been mislabelled or mislocated on this map (or has since been moved). 
- <1> SSO1587 Map: Ordnance Survey. c.1904. Second Edition.
- <2>XY SSO1581 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2005. Landline. [Mapped feature: #39422 ]
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SSO76 Map: 1841. Kings Brompton Tithe Map and Apportionment. 6 chains = 1 inch.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9370 2860 (6m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 18443
Record last edited
Mar 22 2021 8:37PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.