MSO10249 - Post-medieval bridge at Brandish Street (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The original road bridge before the road was straightened in c. 1980.  The bridge is shown on the Tithe Map for Selworthy and the 25 inch 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [2-4] The bridge is shown on the 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, Somerset County Council HER, 2 March 2004.
- <2> SEM7926 Map: 1841. Selworthy Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #42936 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9066 4664 (7m by 7m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 16716
Record last edited
Dec 2 2020 4:56PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.