MSO10166 - 19th Century quarry east of Larkbarrow (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A semicircular quarry 9 metres in diameter and 0.8 metres deep with no spoil heaps. Probably 19th Century and related to the field wall construction.  Quarry pit; slight trace of upcast to the northwest side; located next to hedgebank, which post-dates the feature and the quarry most-likely served as a source of stone for its construction. (8m x 4.5m x 1.2m) [2-3]
- <1> SEM4 Report: Jamieson, E.. 2001. Larkbarrow Farm, Exmoor, Somerset.
- <2> SEM8124 Report: Morris, B.. 2014. Larkbarrow Farm, Exmoor: Results of a walkover survey. p. 19; ELB14(1).
- <3>XY SEM8281 Digital archive: Bray, L.S.. 2014-2015. Larkbarrow, Exmoor: Archaeological walkover survey. p.1; ELB14(1). [Mapped feature: #44995 Quarry Pit, ELB14(1)]
|Grid reference||SS 8268 4278 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (0)
- Mires Feature Reference (Monument): ELB14(1)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 15231
Record last edited
Jun 9 2021 4:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.