MSO10123 - Robber's Bridge, Oare (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A small stone bridge with one span crossing the Weir Water to the east of Oare.  Bridge shown on Oare Tithe Map of 1842  and late 19th century 1st Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey Map . The bridge was noted to have suffered damage in winter 2017/2018, presumably having been hit by a vehicle.  The bridge is marked and labelled on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Chris Webster, 19 April 2006.
- <2> SSO346 Map: 1842. Oare Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8521 Unpublished document: Vasey, A.. 2018. Robber's Bridge.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #34664 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8200 4644 (5m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||OARE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 14006
Record last edited
May 29 2019 10:33AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.