MSO10072 - Mound east of Hele Bridge, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
An earthwork mound visible on aerial photographs could be the remains of a Bronze Age round barrow. It measures 20m across and is centred at SS 9400 2810. 
- <1> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 87.
- <2> SSO81 Map: 05-NOV-1981. Cartographical Services 969 9703-4.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. Somerset CPD CS 969 9703-4 05-NOV-1981.
- <4> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <5> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9398 2808 (76m by 73m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1155315 (Pastscape entry: 1155315)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO1106
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9050
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW87
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1155315
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13798
Record last edited
Dec 3 2012 10:45AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.