MSO10067 - Enclosures, Hele Bridge, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Post Medieval conjoined, embanked enclosures, situated between Helebridge Farm and Jury Hill road, and centred at SS 9320 2780, are visible on aerial photographs. They are not marked on the 1891 OS map but do seem to relate to the road and the farm suggesting they are post-medieval. At least five enclosures, measuring between 10m by 5m and 30m by 30m, may be the remains of garden plots, or possible building platforms. The features are indistinct on the photographs and there are almost certainly more features too indistinct to plot. They have been ploughed level. [1-3]
- <1> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 76.
- <2> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <3> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <4> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3146-7 02-SEP-1952.
- <5> SSO370 Aerial photograph: 02-SEP-1952. RAF 540/860 3146-7 02-SEP-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9318 2781 (74m by 69m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132529 (Pastscape entry: 1132529)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO916
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9390
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW76
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132529
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13790
Record last edited
Dec 3 2012 4:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.