MSO10064 - Medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow north of Bury Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Two blocks of medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow, centred at SS 9385 2915 and SS 9376 2924, are visible on aerial photographs. The western block is not clear and may represent modern drainage. To the north of the easternmost block possible traces of more medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow are visible. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3033-4 (15 April 1946).
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: Winton, H.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3>XY SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882. [Mapped features: #34644 ; #34645 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1132520, Extant 11 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9384 2916 (247m by 229m) (2 map features)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132520 (Pastscape entry: 1132520)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO907
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8981
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW73
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1132520
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13786
Record last edited
Apr 11 2022 3:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.