MSO10058 - Medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow south of Marshbridge Cross (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A block of medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow, measuring 150 metres by 130 metres, is centred at SS 9070 2881, and is visible on aerial photographs taken in 1952. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 3140-1 (2 September 1952).
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: Winton, H.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3>XY SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882. [Mapped feature: #34638 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1132271, Extant 11 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9069 2882 (144m by 180m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132271 (Pastscape entry: 1132271)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO866
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9379
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW59
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1132271
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13660
Record last edited
Apr 11 2022 3:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.