MSO10056 - Ridge and furrow northwest of Northcombe Farm, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The possible remains of post-medieval ridge and furrow are visible on aerial photographs. The ridge and furrow is quite straight suggesting it is probably post-medieval rather than medieval and a single block is centred at SS 9160 2920. 
- <1> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 57.
- <2> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <3> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <4> SSO377 Aerial photograph: 27-APR-1964. RAF 543/2821 (F64) 270-1 27-APR-1964.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F64) 270-1 27-APR-1964.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9160 2920 (178m by 211m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132269 (Pastscape entry: 1132269)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO864
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9377
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW57
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132269
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13658
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 11:14AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.