MSO10050 - Post-medieval water meadow at Dyehouse Cross, Brompton Regis (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The possible remains of a Post Medieval water meadow are visible on aerial photographs. Five parallel drains, measuring up to 110m long, extend from a single, perpendicular drain. They are situated adjacent to the river Exe and are centred at SS 9361 2648. 
- <1> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 50.
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <4> SSO374 Aerial photograph: 03-OCT-1952. RAF 540/890 4072-3 03-OCT-1952.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/890 4072-3 03-OCT-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9362 2649 (152m by 139m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132262 (Pastscape entry: 1132262)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO857
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8974
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW50
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132262
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13521
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 12:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.