MMO993 - Post-medieval water meadow at Knaphindam Rocks (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Linear ditches associated with a post-medieval water meadow system are visible on vertical aerial photographs. The system stretches for 1.4 kilometres from Knaphindham Rocks on the south to Combeshead Farm in the north. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 3156-7 (23 January 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/2082 4030-1 (19 May 1947).
- <3> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9339 3247 (677m by 973m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1133752 (Original Monarch entry: 1133752)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9027
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW62
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1133752
Record last edited
Dec 6 2016 9:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.