MMO975 - Trackway southeast of Kents Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A trackway of medieval or later date is clearly visible as a well defined earthwork on vertical aerial photographs to the southeast of Kents Farm, Brompton Regis.  A road is shown in this position on the Kings Brompton Tithe Map.  The road is no longer extant by the time the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map was drawn. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 1158-9 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO7523 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 SW. AF1133201.
- <3> SSO76 Map: 1841. Kings Brompton Tithe Map and Apportionment. 6 chains = 1 inch.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9244 3088 (112m by 113m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1133733 (Original Monarch entry: 1133733)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9009
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SW44
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1133733
Record last edited
May 1 2014 10:12AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.