MMO955 - Post-medieval stone or ballast quarry southeast of Hadborough (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Centred at SS 96314 28547 to the south-east of Hadborough, is a stone or ballast quarry. It is post-medieval in date and survives as a 2.5 m deep cut into the hillside. Surveyed with GPS, February 1998. [1, 2] The quarry is visible on aerial photographs 
- --- SMO6671 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NE.
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. R Wilson-North 24 February 1998 RCHME Field Investigation.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. Wilson-North R and Riley H 1998 "Haddon Hill: The Field Archaeology..." RCHME Survey Report.
- <3> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 4174-5 02-SEP-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9631 2854 (42m by 29m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132677 (Original Monarch entry: 1132677)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12672
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8993
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE33
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132677
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35885
Record last edited
Dec 13 2012 11:48AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.