MMO929 - Post-medieval water meadow west of Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A Post Medieval water meadow, known locally as a Catch meadow Irrigation System, is visible on aerial photographs taken in 1952. Four roughly parallel ditches, or gutters, measuring up to 190m long, extend along the contour between 213m and 244m above OD, on a north east facing slope, and are centred at SS 9088 2778. 
- <1> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <2> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 80.
- <3> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <4> SSO373 Aerial photograph: 02-SEP-1952. RAF 540/860 4141-2 02-SEP-1952.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 540/860 4141-2 02-SEP-1952.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9087 2775 (273m by 268m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132542 (Pastscape entry: 1132542)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10071
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8985
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW80
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132542
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13794
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 12:46PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.