MMO915 - Post-medieval extractive pits southeast of Luckwell (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Three extractive pits to the south of the linear limestone quarry described in record MMO650. These pits, which lie in a linear pattern, roughly parallel with the quarry may be of medieval or later date. [1,2] Two of the pits appear on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3,4]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3270-1 (11 April 1947).
- <2> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9086 3847 (184m by 37m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132528 (Original Monarch entry: 1132528)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9290
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW105
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132528
Record last edited
Mar 7 2016 9:06AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.